Nestled within America’s amber fields and independent farms lies a timeless autumn treasure. The pumpkin patch is where magic and nostalgia intertwine, and every pumpkin has its own tale, waiting to be told through you, your imagination, and your best efforts with a carving knife. Aside from being the perfect place to choose the perfect jack o’ lantern for Halloween 2023, a great pumpkin patch might also have games, face painting, a corn maze, hay rides, hot cider, and any number of other treats. Texas tends to do everything a little bigger, and the pumpkins — and their patches — are no exception in terms of both size and fun!
If you’re looking for pumpkin patches in New Braunfels, look no further than the New Braunfels Pumpkin Patch 2023. It’s conveniently located at the popular Rockin’ R tour operator in Gruene, TX. Carve out your perfect day on the farm with your family.
New Braunfels Pumpkin Patch 2023 Details
Where: The Pumpkin Patch at Rockin’ R takes place at Rockin’ R Gruene, located at 1405 Gruene Road, nestled along the scenic banks of the Guadalupe River.
The Rockin’ R’s main business is operating river rides and other tours, but they put this family-oriented customer service experience to great use running their Pumpkin Patch event. Consider coming back during the summer months to try out one of their hugely popular Guadalupe River tubing packages, with prices as low as $25 for a basic tube.
Local newspaper readers voted The Rockin’ R Best of New Braunfels 2023, so you know your New Braunfels Pumpkin Patch 2023 experience is in good hands with them.
Please note that there are three other Rockin’ R locations along the Guadalupe River alone and others on the Comal River. The Rockin’ R facility you want to visit for fall pumpkin patch fun is the Rockin’ R in Gruene, once again located at 1405 Gruene Road.
When: The Pumpkin Patch at Rockin’ R is a month-long event, opening September 30 and lasting through November 18. However, it is only open Wednesdays through Sundays, with operating hours of 10 AM to 8 PM. The pumpkin patch operates throughout October and into November, but you may want to plan your visit around the special “Fall Market & Festival” event taking place for one weekend only, on Saturday, October 28, and Sunday, October 29. This is a special event where the pumpkin patch is filled with vendors, face painting, food, and other fun.
What: Rockin’ R’s month-long pumpkin patch has a full complement of traditional and unique pumpkin patch amenities, including:
- Awesome fall photo opportunities
- Fall decor
- Various activities for the kids
- Seasonal treats and drinks
- The pumpkin patch itself, of course!
Little Pumpkin’s Play Patch – Young Children’s Pumpkin Patch New Braunfels, TX
For the younger kids, Rockin’ R maintains a separate installation called “Little Pumpkin’s Play Patch.” While the standard pumpkin patch is free to enter, Little Pumpkin’s costs $10. Children under two are free, however, and there is also no charge for parents who are only supervising and not partaking in the fun.
So, what exactly does your little pumpkin get for their $10 admission fee? A full day of fall fun, including:
- Unlimited playtime in the corn pit (think a vintage fast food restaurant ball pit, but full of corn kernels instead of plastic balls)
- Unlimited playtime on the jump pad
- Up to two “make and take” fall crafting projects
- Access to the bubble station
- Access to a variety of fun kids’ games, including “dress the scarecrows”
Fall Festival & Market at Rockin’ R’s New Braunfels Pumpkin Patch
The Rockin’ R pumpkin patch will also host a special Fall Festival & Market event on the weekend of Saturday, October 28. Bring your entire family down to the Rockin R’ and enjoy:
- All sorts of vendors with fall decorations, foods, handmade goods, crafts, etc.
- Seasonal cuisine and themed drinks
- Face painting
If you are interested in becoming a vendor at the Fall Festival & Market, you can send an application through the Rockin’ R website.
Fall Field Trips to the New Braunfels Pumpkin Patch
A field trip with the whole class is a great way to experience the Pumpkin Patch at Rockin’ R and make lifelong memories with friends, teachers, and classmates.
If you’re an educator considering a Texas pumpkin patch for a fall field trip destination, consider the package Rockin’ R has to offer you:
- $8 per child discounted admission rate for schools (versus the normal $10 admission fee for Little Pumpkin’s Play Patch)
- Access to the standard Pumpkin Patch
- Admission to Little Pumpkin’s Play Patch (corn pit, jump pad, bubbles, crafts, etc.)
- A special field trip Scavenger Hunt
- Gumball Machine with prizes
In addition to simply being a fun time for kids of all ages, a seasonal trip to a functioning pumpkin patch offers all sorts of potential for educational experience in areas like:
- Physical fitness
Please note that food is not included in the field trip package, but you can access picnic facilities for eating packed lunches.
Mayfair, TX – Your Year-Round Home in New Braunfels
Instead of visiting New Braunfels for the excitement of pumpkin patch season, why not consider making it your new home? With various floor plans, styles, and ownership options being developed right now, Mayfair is a world-class residential development in New Braunfels that makes a perfect home base for year-round fun in the Texas Hill Country and beyond. Much like you might circle the pumpkin patch for hours before selecting the perfect orange gourd that speaks to your unique aesthetics, Mayfair offers various unit types and purchasing options to fit every style.
There is no better time to move to New Braunfels, TX, by way of Mayfair than right now. After all, as soon as pumpkin patch season wraps up, another postcard-perfect Christmas in New Braunfels is just around the corner, and you won’t want to miss it.
New Braunfels, TX, is known for its unique old-world charm, its beautiful location at the rim of the Texas Hill Country, and its ability to give residents and visitors a genuine small-town feel within easy striking distance of San Antonio and its many amenities. For more than a week every autumn, however, New Braunfels is also known for a paradox. That’s because every November, the best thing about New Braunfels… is the wurst.
What Is Wurstfest in New Braunfels, Texas?
Wurstfest is an Oktoberfest-style celebration that occurs at a seriously impressive scale, outdoing even many celebrations “back in the old country.” Wurstfest New Braunfels includes everything you’d expect from a Texas-sized celebration of German culture:
- Dancing and music, including traditional Alpine folk music as well as some more contemporary acts
- Plenty of Bavarian and Texan beers
- Thrilling carnival-style games and rides
- Authentic German cuisine (with plenty of Texan BBQ within striking distance for those looking for alternatives)
While New Braunfels residents are among the most dedicated revelers, the New Braunfels Wurstfest also sees an annual influx of out-of-town visitors, with total Wurstfest attendance nearing a quarter million people in recent years!
When Is Wurstfest in New Braunfels 2023?
Wurstfest New Braunfels 2023 is coming up fast and will occur November 3-12. Visitors planning a trip to Texas centered on a visit to Wurstfest will have a full ten-day window in which to make their way to our unique Alpine-Texan celebration, but be aware that the schedule of events and entertainers can change from day to day.
For a full, up-to-date schedule, you can pay a visit to the official New Braunfels, Texas, Wurstfest website at wurstfest.com, which features a detailed breakdown of where and when all your favorite Wurstfest acts will be performed.
Some of the acts in the 2023 lineup include:
- Jodie Mikula Orchestra – Accordionist Jodie Mikula established this beloved family band focusing on traditional Czech polka numbers.
- Cloverleaf Orchestra – No strangers to the Wurstfest stage, this versatile outfit specializes in the traditional German music that Wurstfest is known for but can seamlessly switch to other dance-worthy styles if the mood calls for it.
- AlpenMusikanten – Thankfully, you don’t have to attempt to pronounce the band name to enjoy this vintage polka outfit that has been evolving and delighting audiences since its formation as a trio back in 1990.
- Mark Halata & Texavia – Another standard bearer in the proud tradition of Texan-Czech accordionists, Mark Halata’s Texavia hails from the Houston area.
- Terry Cavanagh & Alpine Express – Self-styled as “America’s Oktoberfest band,” you need only hear a few bars of their jaunty and expertly performed tunes to agree it’s a well-earned title.
- Das Ist Lustig – The band name translates to “this is funny”, but their mastery of a vast catalog of beloved polka, folk, and variety songs is anything but laughable.
- Austin Polka Band – They may not get any points for creative band naming, but this polka band from Austin makes up for it with every toe-tapping tune they deliver.
- And so many other great acts are also slated to perform!
Getting Involved in New Braunfels Wurstfest
If you’re ready to be part of the Alpine action and celebrate Old World Bavaria under the big Texas sky, there are a number of ways you can get involved in Wurstfest:
- Tickets – Simply attending Wurstfest is, of course, the best first step for most people. There are various options for purchasing both admission and drink tickets online before the event, which can save you a lot of time when you arrive. It can also save you a ton of disappointment if gate tickets aren’t available when you arrive. Admission fees change daily, with most days’ tickets being around the $20 mark and some days (11/6, 11/7, 11/8, and 11/9) being free to the public. Children under 12 get free admittance to every day of Wurstfest, making the festival a great choice for families looking for fun on a budget.
- Vendors – If you have a business or brand that you think would make a great fit for Wurstfest, you can apply to be a vendor by downloading a form from the Wurstfest website and then returning it to the festival organizers via mail or e-mail.
- Employment – When your celebration of German culture and heritage attracts over 200,000 revelers every year, it takes a lot of dedicated workers to make it all run smoothly. Becoming one of them is a great way to take a hands-on role in the annual fun while also earning an income. You can apply for a seasonal position with the Wurstfest Association of New Braunfels through a page on Wurstfest’s official website.
- Attend Satellite Events – While the main focus of this ten-day Bavarian boogie is Wurstfest itself, many local businesses and groups throughout New Braunfels add to the celebration in their own independent ways. Look for all sorts of specials and events throughout New Braunfels and the surrounding area while Wurstfest continues. Take part in museum tours, the annual Wurst five-mile run/walk, or even the Wurstfest Regatta on Canyon Lake in the nearby Texas Hill Country.
- Move to New Braunfels – If Wurstfest is the highlight of your year, maybe it’s time to consider moving to the heart of it all. The “Wurstwagen” shuttle service offered by the festival organizers is great, but it can’t compare to actually living near the festival grounds and being a part of New Braunfels year-round. The Mayfair residential development resonates with the charming, small-town spirit of New Braunfels and makes an awesome home base for Wurstfest fun, excursions to the Texas Hill Country wine trail, and a lifetime of other big Texas adventures.
Mayfair, TX – The Ultimate Home for Wurstfest Enthusiasts
If you love the Bavarian vibes and Old World charm of your annual Wurstfest visit, a permanent home in New Braunfels might be more accessible than you think. Visit the Mayfair New Braunfels main page and click the “Stay Connected” link in the upper left corner so that you can be the first to know about new units available.