WaterSense and Other Conservation Efforts Used by Home Builders
Home builders in New Braunfels, Texas, have worked diligently to design new technologies in an attempt to conserve everyday resources. For example, water plays a crucial role in several essential activities, and homeowners tend to waste more water than they realize. Through WaterSense programs, water is conserved through reusing water in sprinklers, preventing leaks, use of WaterSense toilets, and more.
Mayfair is committed to providing current and potential residents in New Braunfels with homes designed to conserve water and other resources. Whether you’re a current or potential resident or business owner in New Braunfels, here’s what you should know about recent conservation strategies in the area.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recognizes WaterSense as an effective method of conserving water and energy. There are several benefits to using WaterSense programs in your home, and Mayfair’s builder partners are prepared to implement these strategies.
• WaterSense Toilets: WaterSense toilets are intended to use less water while working similarly to or better than standard toilets. For many homeowners, including ones with large families, toilet flushes can add up considerably, and there may be cases where a full flush isn’t necessary. WaterSense toilets don’t use as much water to flush, yet they can still remove waste and prevent your water bill from getting out of hand.
• Leak Prevention: Leaky pipes can be devastating to deal with, mainly due to your water bill exceeding its usual amount. WaterSense homes are designed to be free of leaks while reducing the amount of water you need. Mayfair home builders have adopted this strategy and are working hard to offer homes that are free of leaks that could produce significant damage. To test for leaks, pressure-loss tests are performed to ensure water stays within pipes and makes it to whatever fixture or appliance you’re using.
• WaterSense in Commercial Environments: WaterSense can be efficient in both homes and commercial buildings. Commercial buildings such as schools, hospitals, and offices use water frequently, and most of this water can be conserved for other uses. If anyone is looking to relocate to New Braunfels to start their business, consider having builders implement WaterSense programs to conserve water and save money.
• Sprinkler Innovations: Sprinklers in both commercial and residential settings require a significant amount of water. Should a fire start, sprinklers are the first line of defense against it, and enough water needs to be used to prevent the damage from becoming overwhelming. WaterSense sprinklers have been continuously researched and innovated to lower the amount of wasted water while still providing enough for whatever situation is necessary.
• Overall Flexibility: When building new homes, the WaterSense method considers the whole house. This allows builders to determine the most cost-effective method of construction without interfering with water savings.
WaterSense has helped homeowners save more than 50,000 gallons of water and $700 in utility bills per year. By incorporating these strategies in New Braunfels homes, builders can help new and current homeowners find peace of mind knowing they’re saving money and benefiting the environment.
One Water Movement
To cooperate with New Braunfels’ regulations, Mayfair will develop a One Water strategy with the goal of improving how they manage water. No matter how water is used, be it a faucet or stream, Mayfair can implement modern technologies and strategies to conserve and reuse water in several unique ways. Originally crafted by the US Water Alliance, the One Water Movement aims to create more sustainable and cost-effective methods in water management, which can improve the lives of New Braunfels’ residents.
Lower Colorado River Authority
Mayfair has partnered with Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA) to enhance the lives of residents in the New Braunfels area by managing the Colorado River and how people receive water. When there is a risk of flood, the LCRA works to control the floodwaters and use the water in other ways. Not only does this prevent severe damage to agriculture, but this also allows businesses and industries to have enough water to drink and use for whatever they need.
The LCRA also manages electricity in the area, and they have adopted new strategies to manage the local power grid while managing the costs. Through a partnership with them, Mayfair can provide enough power to businesses and residents to meet their daily needs.
New Braunfels Utilities
New Braunfels Utilities (NBU) has provided information and resources to local residents since 1942, and they continue to find new ways to manage resources and conserve energy. Mayfair has participated in cost-sharing with NBU, which will allow them to expand water and electric services past their property limits. Mayfair’s partnership will also allow the NBU to create a new transmission line for power stability reasons. Losing power can be overwhelming, especially if you’re unsure when it will return. However, NBU is committed to strengthening Mayfair’s regional infrastructure in a way that saves money and energy.
The Future of Conservation
New Braunfels continues to welcome new residents and business owners who want to experience the thriving community. With an increase in new homes and buildings, resource management is more crucial than ever. Fortunately, many conservation efforts have been implemented in the area to control electricity, water, and more.
One of the best aspects of conservation is that new strategies are continuously developed. WaterSense technologies are still changing today, with new ideas for how to conserve water being tested daily. Stabilizing electricity can be a challenging task, but one that designers and builders are constantly working to improve. While significant progress has been made to conserve energy and save money, more can still be done. Mayfair has a vision of how New Braunfels could look, and conserving resources is one of the many strategies they can use to achieve this.