Nestled within America’s amber fields and independent farms lies a timeless autumn treasure. The pumpkin patch is where magic and nostalgia intertwine, and every pumpkin has its own tale, waiting to be told through you, your imagination, and your best efforts with a carving knife. Aside from being the perfect place to choose the perfect jack o’ lantern for Halloween 2023, a great pumpkin patch might also have games, face painting, a corn maze, hay rides, hot cider, and any number of other treats. Texas tends to do everything a little bigger, and the pumpkins — and their patches — are no exception in terms of both size and fun!
If you’re looking for pumpkin patches in New Braunfels, look no further than the New Braunfels Pumpkin Patch 2023. It’s conveniently located at the popular Rockin’ R tour operator in Gruene, TX. Carve out your perfect day on the farm with your family.
New Braunfels Pumpkin Patch 2023 Details
Where: The Pumpkin Patch at Rockin’ R takes place at Rockin’ R Gruene, located at 1405 Gruene Road, nestled along the scenic banks of the Guadalupe River.
The Rockin’ R’s main business is operating river rides and other tours, but they put this family-oriented customer service experience to great use running their Pumpkin Patch event. Consider coming back during the summer months to try out one of their hugely popular Guadalupe River tubing packages, with prices as low as $25 for a basic tube.
Local newspaper readers voted The Rockin’ R Best of New Braunfels 2023, so you know your New Braunfels Pumpkin Patch 2023 experience is in good hands with them.
Please note that there are three other Rockin’ R locations along the Guadalupe River alone and others on the Comal River. The Rockin’ R facility you want to visit for fall pumpkin patch fun is the Rockin’ R in Gruene, once again located at 1405 Gruene Road.
When: The Pumpkin Patch at Rockin’ R is a month-long event, opening September 30 and lasting through November 18. However, it is only open Wednesdays through Sundays, with operating hours of 10 AM to 8 PM. The pumpkin patch operates throughout October and into November, but you may want to plan your visit around the special “Fall Market & Festival” event taking place for one weekend only, on Saturday, October 28, and Sunday, October 29. This is a special event where the pumpkin patch is filled with vendors, face painting, food, and other fun.
What: Rockin’ R’s month-long pumpkin patch has a full complement of traditional and unique pumpkin patch amenities, including:
- Awesome fall photo opportunities
- Fall decor
- Various activities for the kids
- Seasonal treats and drinks
- The pumpkin patch itself, of course!
Little Pumpkin’s Play Patch – Young Children’s Pumpkin Patch New Braunfels, TX
For the younger kids, Rockin’ R maintains a separate installation called “Little Pumpkin’s Play Patch.” While the standard pumpkin patch is free to enter, Little Pumpkin’s costs $10. Children under two are free, however, and there is also no charge for parents who are only supervising and not partaking in the fun.
So, what exactly does your little pumpkin get for their $10 admission fee? A full day of fall fun, including:
- Unlimited playtime in the corn pit (think a vintage fast food restaurant ball pit, but full of corn kernels instead of plastic balls)
- Unlimited playtime on the jump pad
- Up to two “make and take” fall crafting projects
- Access to the bubble station
- Access to a variety of fun kids’ games, including “dress the scarecrows”
Fall Festival & Market at Rockin’ R’s New Braunfels Pumpkin Patch
The Rockin’ R pumpkin patch will also host a special Fall Festival & Market event on the weekend of Saturday, October 28. Bring your entire family down to the Rockin R’ and enjoy:
- All sorts of vendors with fall decorations, foods, handmade goods, crafts, etc.
- Seasonal cuisine and themed drinks
- Face painting
If you are interested in becoming a vendor at the Fall Festival & Market, you can send an application through the Rockin’ R website.
Fall Field Trips to the New Braunfels Pumpkin Patch
A field trip with the whole class is a great way to experience the Pumpkin Patch at Rockin’ R and make lifelong memories with friends, teachers, and classmates.
If you’re an educator considering a Texas pumpkin patch for a fall field trip destination, consider the package Rockin’ R has to offer you:
- $8 per child discounted admission rate for schools (versus the normal $10 admission fee for Little Pumpkin’s Play Patch)
- Access to the standard Pumpkin Patch
- Admission to Little Pumpkin’s Play Patch (corn pit, jump pad, bubbles, crafts, etc.)
- A special field trip Scavenger Hunt
- Gumball Machine with prizes
In addition to simply being a fun time for kids of all ages, a seasonal trip to a functioning pumpkin patch offers all sorts of potential for educational experience in areas like:
- Physical fitness
Please note that food is not included in the field trip package, but you can access picnic facilities for eating packed lunches.
Mayfair, TX – Your Year-Round Home in New Braunfels
Instead of visiting New Braunfels for the excitement of pumpkin patch season, why not consider making it your new home? With various floor plans, styles, and ownership options being developed right now, Mayfair is a world-class residential development in New Braunfels that makes a perfect home base for year-round fun in the Texas Hill Country and beyond. Much like you might circle the pumpkin patch for hours before selecting the perfect orange gourd that speaks to your unique aesthetics, Mayfair offers various unit types and purchasing options to fit every style.
There is no better time to move to New Braunfels, TX, by way of Mayfair than right now. After all, as soon as pumpkin patch season wraps up, another postcard-perfect Christmas in New Braunfels is just around the corner, and you won’t want to miss it.
New Braunfels, TX, is known for its unique old-world charm, its beautiful location at the rim of the Texas Hill Country, and its ability to give residents and visitors a genuine small-town feel within easy striking distance of San Antonio and its many amenities. For more than a week every autumn, however, New Braunfels is also known for a paradox. That’s because every November, the best thing about New Braunfels… is the wurst.
What Is Wurstfest in New Braunfels, Texas?
Wurstfest is an Oktoberfest-style celebration that occurs at a seriously impressive scale, outdoing even many celebrations “back in the old country.” Wurstfest New Braunfels includes everything you’d expect from a Texas-sized celebration of German culture:
- Dancing and music, including traditional Alpine folk music as well as some more contemporary acts
- Plenty of Bavarian and Texan beers
- Thrilling carnival-style games and rides
- Authentic German cuisine (with plenty of Texan BBQ within striking distance for those looking for alternatives)
While New Braunfels residents are among the most dedicated revelers, the New Braunfels Wurstfest also sees an annual influx of out-of-town visitors, with total Wurstfest attendance nearing a quarter million people in recent years!
When Is Wurstfest in New Braunfels 2023?
Wurstfest New Braunfels 2023 is coming up fast and will occur November 3-12. Visitors planning a trip to Texas centered on a visit to Wurstfest will have a full ten-day window in which to make their way to our unique Alpine-Texan celebration, but be aware that the schedule of events and entertainers can change from day to day.
For a full, up-to-date schedule, you can pay a visit to the official New Braunfels, Texas, Wurstfest website at wurstfest.com, which features a detailed breakdown of where and when all your favorite Wurstfest acts will be performed.
Some of the acts in the 2023 lineup include:
- Jodie Mikula Orchestra – Accordionist Jodie Mikula established this beloved family band focusing on traditional Czech polka numbers.
- Cloverleaf Orchestra – No strangers to the Wurstfest stage, this versatile outfit specializes in the traditional German music that Wurstfest is known for but can seamlessly switch to other dance-worthy styles if the mood calls for it.
- AlpenMusikanten – Thankfully, you don’t have to attempt to pronounce the band name to enjoy this vintage polka outfit that has been evolving and delighting audiences since its formation as a trio back in 1990.
- Mark Halata & Texavia – Another standard bearer in the proud tradition of Texan-Czech accordionists, Mark Halata’s Texavia hails from the Houston area.
- Terry Cavanagh & Alpine Express – Self-styled as “America’s Oktoberfest band,” you need only hear a few bars of their jaunty and expertly performed tunes to agree it’s a well-earned title.
- Das Ist Lustig – The band name translates to “this is funny”, but their mastery of a vast catalog of beloved polka, folk, and variety songs is anything but laughable.
- Austin Polka Band – They may not get any points for creative band naming, but this polka band from Austin makes up for it with every toe-tapping tune they deliver.
- And so many other great acts are also slated to perform!
Getting Involved in New Braunfels Wurstfest
If you’re ready to be part of the Alpine action and celebrate Old World Bavaria under the big Texas sky, there are a number of ways you can get involved in Wurstfest:
- Tickets – Simply attending Wurstfest is, of course, the best first step for most people. There are various options for purchasing both admission and drink tickets online before the event, which can save you a lot of time when you arrive. It can also save you a ton of disappointment if gate tickets aren’t available when you arrive. Admission fees change daily, with most days’ tickets being around the $20 mark and some days (11/6, 11/7, 11/8, and 11/9) being free to the public. Children under 12 get free admittance to every day of Wurstfest, making the festival a great choice for families looking for fun on a budget.
- Vendors – If you have a business or brand that you think would make a great fit for Wurstfest, you can apply to be a vendor by downloading a form from the Wurstfest website and then returning it to the festival organizers via mail or e-mail.
- Employment – When your celebration of German culture and heritage attracts over 200,000 revelers every year, it takes a lot of dedicated workers to make it all run smoothly. Becoming one of them is a great way to take a hands-on role in the annual fun while also earning an income. You can apply for a seasonal position with the Wurstfest Association of New Braunfels through a page on Wurstfest’s official website.
- Attend Satellite Events – While the main focus of this ten-day Bavarian boogie is Wurstfest itself, many local businesses and groups throughout New Braunfels add to the celebration in their own independent ways. Look for all sorts of specials and events throughout New Braunfels and the surrounding area while Wurstfest continues. Take part in museum tours, the annual Wurst five-mile run/walk, or even the Wurstfest Regatta on Canyon Lake in the nearby Texas Hill Country.
- Move to New Braunfels – If Wurstfest is the highlight of your year, maybe it’s time to consider moving to the heart of it all. The “Wurstwagen” shuttle service offered by the festival organizers is great, but it can’t compare to actually living near the festival grounds and being a part of New Braunfels year-round. The Mayfair residential development resonates with the charming, small-town spirit of New Braunfels and makes an awesome home base for Wurstfest fun, excursions to the Texas Hill Country wine trail, and a lifetime of other big Texas adventures.
Mayfair, TX – The Ultimate Home for Wurstfest Enthusiasts
If you love the Bavarian vibes and Old World charm of your annual Wurstfest visit, a permanent home in New Braunfels might be more accessible than you think. Visit the Mayfair New Braunfels main page and click the “Stay Connected” link in the upper left corner so that you can be the first to know about new units available.
The main roads are paved in the first phase! It’s exciting to see the roundabout take shape and roads now lead the way to the future first park, builder models, elementary school and Midtown Mayfair.
DNT will finish this phase of construction on the main roads by early September, and CC Carlton plans to begin laying base for the first neighborhood next month with paving slated for early November. DNT will then gear up for construction to begin in September on the second neighborhood of homes.
5 Star is now clearing the way for the community’s Waste Water Treatment Facility on the eastern border with the Cloacina plant estimated to arrive in November. Southstar and J&A Wastewater are overseeing this effort and coordinating electrical, structural and civil engineering as well as construction by 5 Star.
A new regional storm facility is well underway by D&D Construction with completion of the dam expected for November.
And an exciting highlight for future home and business owners – Centric Gas and Fiber contractors are now onsite installing natural gas lines and high-speed fiber for the Mayfair community!
This all leads the way for builders to begin new home construction in early 2024 with models expected in late Spring/early Summer.
Watch it all take shape.
The residents of New Braunfels continue to enjoy their thriving and culturally diverse community. Thanks to our efficient economy in the New Braunfels and San Marcos, TX, areas, many individuals are looking into furthering their education. That means college students who have taken residence in the area may wonder which universities or community colleges in New Braunfels are worth the cost and time investment.
Colleges and Community Colleges in New Braunfels
Our team at Mayfair continues to find ways to innovate and expand our community, and we achieve this by working with smart and passionate individuals. If you’re a student looking to attend one of the local colleges in New Braunfels, there are several options to consider.
Howard Payne University
Located directly in New Braunfels, Howard Payne University (HPU) aims to educate students in a Christ-centered environment and thriving community. HPU offers master’s degrees in theology, MBA, sport and wellness leadership, and minors in business, art, science, mathematics, and Christian studies. For students in New Braunfels looking for a convenient location to attend, HPU may be the best option for you.
Texas State University
Located in San Marcos, Texas State University (TXST) is one of the largest college campuses in the state. Home to nearly 40,000 students across 200 different programs, there’s a wide range of activities to participate in. For more than a century, many individuals near San Marcos have gone on to have successful careers, including Lyndon B. Johnson, the 36th President of the United States.
TSU also performs frequent research in the medical and scientific fields, always striving to learn more about our community and the rest of the world. Similarly to TLU, TSU provides several resources to ensure everyone on campus feels safe and healthy. TSU takes mental health concerns seriously and is prepared to help those with difficulties navigate their issues and complete their degree.
Wayland Baptist University
Wayland Baptist University (WBU) has multiple locations throughout Texas, including New Braunfels. WBU is known for accepting work experience, credits from other universities, and military experience when admitting students. WBU is also regarded as one of the top Christian universities in the United States, having educated students and seen them launch successful careers for over a century. There are roughly 18 students per faculty member at WBU, with just over 1,100 students enrolled. While the staff is focused on providing an academically challenging environment, they also intend to prepare you to serve God, family, and the community.
Texas Lutheran University
Focused on faith, learning, and inclusivity, Texas Lutheran University (TLU), located in Seguin, TX, is only a short drive from New Braunfels. Unsurprisingly, a university focused on growing and connecting the community is home to many residents in the New Braunfels area.
TLU offers various academic programs, including business administration, nursing, psychology, education, music, and more. Most classes average around 19 students, allowing students to fully socialize with their professors, staff, and other students. You’re not required to practice a certain religion or have certain political views, either, as TLU is committed to offering a safe and inclusive space for everyone on campus.
Northeast Lakeview College
A public community college based in Universal City, Northeast Lakeview College (NLC) focuses on partnering with several communities to ensure residents all across Texas have the academic resources they need. New Braunfels specifically is home to the Central Texas Technology Center (CTTC), hosting several programs for biology, nursing, math, and education majors. They also provide higher education and technical training essential to securing a high-demand job.
NLC tends to keep class sizes small like TLU, allowing students in the community to feel connected to those around them. The price of admission is typically lower than other colleges throughout Texas, so students on a strict budget may have an easier time finding the educational resources they need. With a location close to home in an economically-stable area, NLC and CTTC are great options for students in the New Braunfels area.
Austin Community College District
With 11 locations across Central Texas, Austin Community College (ACC) offers plenty of educational programs and research labs to help students succeed in their field of study. All locations are northeast of San Marcos, and the entire district is popular among residents in New Braunfels and San Marcos.
Students can choose from various academic programs, including computer science, culinary, liberal arts, digital media, and more. Because of the multiple campuses, each focused on a different area of education; students have a better chance of finding the right fit.
The University of Texas at Austin
One of the top universities in the world, The University of Texas at Austin (UT) is known for the McCombs School of Business, consistently ranking in the top ten business schools across the nation. Of course, UT also offers exceptional fine arts, nursing, architecture, geoscience programs, and many more. Known for its vibrance and positive atmosphere, UT is not only a great university to consider but a great one to reside in or nearby. Because of the evolving economy in Texas, many students have not only found success in academics but enjoyed memorable recreational activities and attractions.
Preparing for College
In addition to figuring out which college to attend, you’ll want to adequately prepare for this life-changing adventure to get the most out of the experience. Consider the following steps:
- Practice time management. You’ll have much more independence on college campuses than in high school, so practice balancing your schedule and keep track of everything you need to via your phone or journal.
- Do research. Many colleges and community colleges in New Braunfels offer similar programs, but you’ll want to research further than that. If a university has goals and values that conflict with yours, you may want to look elsewhere.
- Gather your dorm or apartment necessities. If you live away from home, write down everything you’ll need for your dorm or apartment. It can be easy to overlook something, so think carefully and allow plenty of time to plan.
- Refresh your memory. Before taking advanced courses in college, refresh your memory from your high school courses relevant to your area of study.
- Ask for help. You may have coasted through high school without much difficulty, but college can become more challenging when you least expect it. Remember, asking for help is always acceptable, so practice doing that.
Above all, remember that your studies come first. It can be exciting to meet new friends and form connections, but the priority should be to learn what’s necessary to live a successful future. There are times when you’ll experience social pressures, and it’s essential to practice standing your ground.
Students Are Welcome in New Braunfels
When moving to a new state and community, finding a place to integrate into can seem intimidating. Students wanting to complete a degree to improve their odds of finding a job need the right resources and academics, and our community is proud to work alongside various colleges in New Braunfels to make it possible.
Mayfair continues to work toward improving our community, from implementing safer technology to constructing new homes. We value connection and hope to provide students with what they need to feel included.
New Braunfels, Texas, continues to bring in new permanent residents and vacationers thanks to its improved economy and memorable attractions. Gruene is a quaint, nearby community popular with tourists and located on the lovely Guadalupe River. For those visiting the tight community, several bed and breakfast locations are available so you can get a good night’s sleep and a great morning meal before you explore the area.
Many homeowners in the community originally stayed at bed and breakfasts in order to take in the local sights and atmosphere, falling in love with the area. If you’re looking for a bed and breakfast in Gruene, here are the best places to stay during your vacation in the Gruene and New Braunfels area.
You may see this result pop up when doing research, as the lodging you’re requesting is in the name itself. Gruene B&B consists of a 10-acre property home with five different cottages. All cottages are within walking distance, yet staff have ensured that each one allows guests to feel secure and private. Each morning, this location treats guests to breakfast, including coffee, breakfast bars, fruit, and more. While you can use this area solely for lodging, there are also other amenities such as outdoor grilling and washing machines that you can use as desired. Gruene B&B is only one mile from nearby downtown.
Comal Inn is designed as a getaway for couples, groups of friends, or yourself. Home to several cottages and private rooms, you’re sure to be fully rested before you enjoy a hearty breakfast of various fruits, cereal, beverages, and more. Several different room types are available, each fully furnished with WiFi and cable TV. For a more spacious environment, you can rent a cottage with two king-sized beds, a pull-out sofa, cable TV, WiFi, an outdoor grill, and more.
No matter if you’re simply taking a break or need a space for a special occasion, Comal Inn can provide the accommodations you need to make long-lasting memories.
Gruene River Inn
One of the more recent lodging sites in New Braunfels is the Gruene River Inn. With excellent interior design and worthwhile amenities, this bed and breakfast is excellent, especially for those who enjoy fishing or swimming. This inn is located near the Guadalupe River, one of the most historic locations in the area that spans over 200 miles. Guests are welcome to enjoy the river’s refreshing stream or improve their fishing skills.
Gruene Mansion Inn Hotel
Arguably one of the most known B&Bs in the area, the Gruene Mansion Inn Hotel’s quaint design and vast array of amenities allow families and individuals alike to feel refreshed, entertained, and satisfied. Vacations should be memorable and allow you to relax and relieve your daily stresses. With an on-site coffee shop, picnic area, golf course, and more, this inn includes everything you need to enjoy a wonderful trip to New Braunfels. When you need a break from the entertainment and want to relax, Gruene Mansion Inn Hotel offers city and landmark views, which may help you relax and take in the nearby scenery.
Lamb’s Rest Inn
For couples in love looking to enjoy a relaxing getaway in New Braunfels, Lamb’s Rest Inn offers a gorgeous inn located near the Guadalupe River. While breakfast, WiFi, and parking are included in your rates, this inn is home to several vivid sights, including colorful gardens, decorative guest rooms, and more. Every amenity needed for a memorable and romantic lodging area can be found at Lamb’s Rest Inn, and it’s no surprise this is one of the most recommended B&Bs in the Gruene area.
Gruene Homestead Inn
New homeowners continue to arrive in New Braunfels thanks to its increasing opportunities and beautiful agriculture. This community was first founded in the mid-1800s and continues to be a tourist attraction for many across the globe. If the history of New Braunfels intrigues you, Gruene Homestead Inn offers a historical B&B location. Whether you want to relax and take in the local scenery or explore the Comal River with your raft or inner tube, Gruene Homestead Inn may be the inn of choice for you.
Kuebler Waldrip Haus Bed and Breakfast
This B&B is a fantastic option for those interested in history. Here, you can stay in a former one-room schoolhouse built in 1863 that has been authentically restored, as well as a renovated house built by German pioneers in 1847. For a newer option, the B&B has a beautiful cottage on the property built in a vintage style. They have choices for everyone, whether you’re just taking your partner or your whole family. You can choose to rent out one structure, individual rooms, or every building on the property for a family reunion. You also get a delicious, hot breakfast when you stay here.
Gruene River Haven
Located on the Guadalupe River, this property is a beautiful option. Choose the Gruene River Haven if you’re planning on taking a large group, as it is a house for rent with nine bedrooms. However, you may be able to rent individual rooms. Here, you can enjoy a number of different outdoor activities. Sit in the backyard and watch the river on the heated patio, make dinner on the grill or wood smoker, make a bonfire to roast marshmallows, or use the kayaks and tubes for a day on the river. If you have more than 22 people in your party, there’s even a luxurious camper available with several amenities.
Experience Everything Gruene Can Offer
Gruene includes history, attractions, and a thriving community. Whether you’re looking for somewhere close to shopping, the rivers, or the wilderness, you’re sure to find a quaint, comfortable place to stay.
If the local B&Bs and attractions have inspired you to relocate to New Braunfels, Mayfair is currently working to construct new homes that could be yours in the future.
Several attractions make New Braunfels, Texas, a memorable and enjoyable location. From museums to zoos, the New Braunfels community has it all. Other activities like shopping, biking, and sports may be enjoyable, but if the heat is too much or you want something less physical, going tubing is a fantastic alternative. For those who enjoy river tubing or want to experience it for the first time, consider planning a day of tubing at the Comal or Guadalupe Rivers!
What Is River Tubing?
River tubing involves riding an inner tube down a river. This can be done in a relaxing or energetic manner, as many people who use river tubes do so for sport. No matter your physique or age, anyone can enjoy Comal and Guadalupe river tubing.
River tubing is most often a more gentle activity than other water activities. You can either bring your own tube or rent one from a local company. Tubing usually takes place at a part of the water with a strong enough current to let you travel. While you may get wet, you can avoid falling off of the tube entirely. Of course, it’s highly recommended to wear a safety vest in case you do go in the water.
Comal River Float
Both residents and vacationers in New Braunfels have enjoyed navigating the Comal River, and for good reason. The river is shorter than the nearby Guadalupe River, and the water is generally more calm. The Comal River spans nearly two and a half miles, with a temperature fluctuating between 70 and 72 degrees Fahrenheit. For beginners or those wanting a shorter and more relaxing experience, Comal River tubing may be the activity for you.
The Comal River tends to get quite busy during the late spring up to early fall. Texas is known for its significant heat in the summer, and the river’s calm and refreshing water may be just what you need.
Guadalupe River Float
The Guadalupe River is much larger than the Comal River, spanning nearly 230 miles from the San Antonio Bay to the Gulf of Mexico.
For more experienced swimmers and tubing enthusiasts, the Guadalupe River offers a longer and more scenic view of New Braunfels. If you don’t mind a longer and more involved tubing experience, the Guadalupe River can be a memorable break from the intense Texas heat.
The Rules of River Tubing
If you’re considering visiting either the Comal or Guadalupe River to enjoy a day of tubing, there are some ground rules you must be aware of.
Any disposable items, including cans, cups, bags, boxes, and bottles, are banned from the rivers. A New Braunfels disposable can ban was put into effect in order to keep rivers clean. With clean rivers, more people continue to come to visit the local community and enjoy tubing, swimming, fishing, and more.
If you still want to bring food and beverages to the river, you’re allowed to bring resealable containers and bottles. Every person is allowed to bring one cooler, which can’t exceed 30 quarts in size.
There are other rules to keep in mind to protect both the rivers and each other:
- Any noise devices (stereos, phones, etc.) cannot be audible past 50 feet.
- No glass or foam containers.
- No littering.
- All inner tubes cannot exceed five feet in diameter.
- Each person is limited to two tubes.
By adhering to the local law, everyone can enjoy this wonderful attraction without worrying about becoming injured or put in danger.
How to Prepare for Your Tubing Adventure
Once you’ve decided which river you’d like to experience and what the rules are, it’s time to prepare for your fun and exciting day!
There are certain items you’ll want to consider bringing along to either river. While none are required, each can make the tubing experience more enjoyable for everyone.
- Sunblock – The Texas heat can become intense, and you don’t want to dismiss the sun’s beaming rays, either. Make sure you bring sunblock and apply it before and during your tubing journey. The water may help you cool off, but your skin will gain extra protection from the sun by applying sunblock. This is especially true for anyone looking to experience the Guadalupe River, as these tubing sessions can last much longer than those on the Comal River.
- Drinking water or beverages – Nothing beats relaxing in a tube navigating gently down the river alongside a cold, refreshing beverage. Keep in mind that your beverage should be kept in a resealable bottle, as disposable bottles and cups are banned from both rivers. If the heat is a bit much, you’ll want to cool off with a cold beverage of your choice.
- Athletic shoes – Both the Comal and Guadalupe Rivers contain rocks, vegetation, mud, and other elements commonly found alongside water. It’s crucial you wear proper footwear while tubing, as this will protect your feet should you need to get out. If you fall out of your tube, you can walk along the ground without worrying about injury.
- Waterproof phone case and dry sack – It may seem tempting to bring multiple items along for the tubing journey, but it’s recommended to only bring what you need. If you’re bringing your phone, put it in a sack or waterproof case to protect it.
Once you’ve gathered all of the necessary items, you’re ready to experience a tubing adventure you can only find in New Braunfels.
New Braunfels is home to several unique attractions and successful businesses, but there comes a time when you may need a break. Vacations are a great way to unplug from your daily routine and get some much-needed relaxation. However, if your pet can’t come along, or you need a break from your pet as well, there are many pet boarding businesses in New Braunfels to consider meeting with ahead of time.
Country Cottage Pet Resort
One of Mayfair’s northern neighbors, Country Cottage Pet Resort, has cared for several different types of pets since 1997. You shouldn’t have to worry about anything back home while you’re on vacation, and Country Cottage Pet Resort aims to keep it this way. This business offers the following accommodations for your pets to ensure they’ll be nurtured and entertained.
- Tiny Town: If you have a smaller pet, Tiny Town includes everything they need to feel safe and taken care of. This area of the resort comes with a large TV, customized feeding, luxury bedding, daily maid service, and scheduled potty and play times.
- The Villa: For larger pets, The Villa contains enough space and accommodations for these guests. Along with customized feeding, a daily maid service, and scheduled play and bathroom times, The Villa includes larger doors, private areas for each pet, and raised beds with Mexican blankets.
- Kitty Condos: For vacationers who need a place for their felines, Country Cottage Pet Resort offers Kitty Condos. These spaces include some of the features of the other two locations while also providing a window and sunning shelf.
Comal Springs Pet Resort & Spa
If you’re looking for cat or dog boarding in New Braunfels, Comal Springs provides several different services to keep your pet safe and healthy while you relax wherever you go.
A unique feature of Comal Springs Pet Resort & Spa is the spa itself. If your dog would enjoy a day at the spa, there are bathing services available for dogs of all sizes. Many pet owners may think a spa is only for fun and not necessary, but this isn’t the case. A day at the spa can help your dog’s skin stay healthy and clean. The spa team also provides other services at the spa, including:
- Nail trimming
- Ear cleaning
- Teeth brushing
- Blueberry facial
- Anal gland expression
Comal Springs also provides what they call “Doggie Daycare,” which allows your dog to socialize with other dogs, increase their physical activity, and experience new sounds, smells, and sights. Before applying for Doggie Daycare, Comal Springs staff recommends doing a Meet & Greet session. This is to determine if your dog is a good fit for the daycare and resort.
For cat owners, Comal Springs offers unique accommodations for felines. The cat boarding area is kept separate from the dog boarding area so cats can enjoy a more relaxing and quiet environment. For example, the cat boarding area offers the following features:
- Cat condos with a separate place for their litter box
- Large playroom with a window for sunbathing and looking at nature
- Comfortable bedding
- Catnip and 1:1 playtime with a staff member, per request
- The ability to leave their condo to walk or run around the cat room
Bedding and litter boxes are changed out once a day, and staff will ensure cats are fed and content with their surroundings daily. If your cat needs a certain vaccination to qualify for our boarding area, they can provide it.
Comal Springs staff supervises pets at all times at their resort and spa, and they’re prepared to keep your pet fed, hydrated, clean, and entertained while you enjoy your vacation!
Jin’s Bed & Biscuits Pet Resort
Jin’s is another great option for dog and cat boarding while you take a vacation. They provide both boarding and day boarding services, so if your pet sitter works during the day, they can let Jin’s care for your pets during that time.
Jin’s feeds all pets the Science Diet Sensitive Stomach and Skin diet, but you can request a special diet and bring your own food to the facility should your pet need it. The same can be done with any medications your pets take.
Jin’s also includes a playground for running and other activities, though all pets aren’t mingled together unless they come from the same family. The staff at Jin’s are also prepared to provide flea and tick treatment should something occur. The owners of Jin’s work hard to create an environment for pets that feel just like home. This way, your pets feel safe and secure in a clean, inviting atmosphere.
Enjoy Your Vacation
New people continue to move to New Braunfels thanks to recent developments and construction. With that comes more pets, and if you need a break from the city, you can do so without worry thanks to several welcoming pet boarding areas in New Braunfels that can protect and supervise your pets while you take time to relax from your hectic daily life.
Home builders in New Braunfels, Texas, have worked diligently to design new technologies in an attempt to conserve everyday resources. For example, water plays a crucial role in several essential activities, and homeowners tend to waste more water than they realize. Through WaterSense programs, water is conserved through reusing water in sprinklers, preventing leaks, use of WaterSense toilets, and more.
Mayfair is committed to providing current and potential residents in New Braunfels with homes designed to conserve water and other resources. Whether you’re a current or potential resident or business owner in New Braunfels, here’s what you should know about recent conservation strategies in the area.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recognizes WaterSense as an effective method of conserving water and energy. There are several benefits to using WaterSense programs in your home, and Mayfair’s builder partners are prepared to implement these strategies.
• WaterSense Toilets: WaterSense toilets are intended to use less water while working similarly to or better than standard toilets. For many homeowners, including ones with large families, toilet flushes can add up considerably, and there may be cases where a full flush isn’t necessary. WaterSense toilets don’t use as much water to flush, yet they can still remove waste and prevent your water bill from getting out of hand.
• Leak Prevention: Leaky pipes can be devastating to deal with, mainly due to your water bill exceeding its usual amount. WaterSense homes are designed to be free of leaks while reducing the amount of water you need. Mayfair home builders have adopted this strategy and are working hard to offer homes that are free of leaks that could produce significant damage. To test for leaks, pressure-loss tests are performed to ensure water stays within pipes and makes it to whatever fixture or appliance you’re using.
• WaterSense in Commercial Environments: WaterSense can be efficient in both homes and commercial buildings. Commercial buildings such as schools, hospitals, and offices use water frequently, and most of this water can be conserved for other uses. If anyone is looking to relocate to New Braunfels to start their business, consider having builders implement WaterSense programs to conserve water and save money.
• Sprinkler Innovations: Sprinklers in both commercial and residential settings require a significant amount of water. Should a fire start, sprinklers are the first line of defense against it, and enough water needs to be used to prevent the damage from becoming overwhelming. WaterSense sprinklers have been continuously researched and innovated to lower the amount of wasted water while still providing enough for whatever situation is necessary.
• Overall Flexibility: When building new homes, the WaterSense method considers the whole house. This allows builders to determine the most cost-effective method of construction without interfering with water savings.
WaterSense has helped homeowners save more than 50,000 gallons of water and $700 in utility bills per year. By incorporating these strategies in New Braunfels homes, builders can help new and current homeowners find peace of mind knowing they’re saving money and benefiting the environment.
One Water Movement
To cooperate with New Braunfels’ regulations, Mayfair will develop a One Water strategy with the goal of improving how they manage water. No matter how water is used, be it a faucet or stream, Mayfair can implement modern technologies and strategies to conserve and reuse water in several unique ways. Originally crafted by the US Water Alliance, the One Water Movement aims to create more sustainable and cost-effective methods in water management, which can improve the lives of New Braunfels’ residents.
Lower Colorado River Authority
Mayfair has partnered with Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA) to enhance the lives of residents in the New Braunfels area by managing the Colorado River and how people receive water. When there is a risk of flood, the LCRA works to control the floodwaters and use the water in other ways. Not only does this prevent severe damage to agriculture, but this also allows businesses and industries to have enough water to drink and use for whatever they need.
The LCRA also manages electricity in the area, and they have adopted new strategies to manage the local power grid while managing the costs. Through a partnership with them, Mayfair can provide enough power to businesses and residents to meet their daily needs.
New Braunfels Utilities
New Braunfels Utilities (NBU) has provided information and resources to local residents since 1942, and they continue to find new ways to manage resources and conserve energy. Mayfair has participated in cost-sharing with NBU, which will allow them to expand water and electric services past their property limits. Mayfair’s partnership will also allow the NBU to create a new transmission line for power stability reasons. Losing power can be overwhelming, especially if you’re unsure when it will return. However, NBU is committed to strengthening Mayfair’s regional infrastructure in a way that saves money and energy.
The Future of Conservation
New Braunfels continues to welcome new residents and business owners who want to experience the thriving community. With an increase in new homes and buildings, resource management is more crucial than ever. Fortunately, many conservation efforts have been implemented in the area to control electricity, water, and more.
One of the best aspects of conservation is that new strategies are continuously developed. WaterSense technologies are still changing today, with new ideas for how to conserve water being tested daily. Stabilizing electricity can be a challenging task, but one that designers and builders are constantly working to improve. While significant progress has been made to conserve energy and save money, more can still be done. Mayfair has a vision of how New Braunfels could look, and conserving resources is one of the many strategies they can use to achieve this.
At Mayfair, we believe in the power of vision to drive progress and shape the future. Our Mayfair Map serves as a compass, guiding us through the evolving landscape of our project in New Braunfels, Texas. We embrace the idea that visions are not set in stone but rather a culmination of insights, learnings, and innovative thinking. Our Vision encapsulates our dreams, ambitions, and the collective wisdom of our team. It outlines the path we envision for our project and acts as a strategic guidepost, empowering us to make informed decisions and navigate the complexities of our ever-changing landscape.
Welcome to Mayfair, coming to life in New Braunfels, just down the road from historic Gruene. Soon offering a variety of inspired new ways to live in a community filled with parks, connected by trails, energized by events and anchored by Midtown Mayfair — a vibrant shopping, dining and workplace district. Where food, friends and fun are a short walk away.
Here are just a few facts and figures about the small town, big living that we’re building.